Neveah Mosher, 13 years old, reads over 300 books a year. She narrates this 2 minute video detailing her reading endeavors.
Click the video link
If you or your teen are not reading much, I hope she inspires you; she certainly has inspired me. If your high-schooler reads a lot already keep cheering them on! If not gently encourage your high-schooler to read more. It’s difficult to “make” a teenager do anything per se; b ut you can certainly influence them. Remember, it’s never too late to learn to love reading. Here are some ideas:
- As a parent, try to model reading in your home.
- Buy a biography of someone they admire.
- Buy a subscription to a magazine of an activity your son or daughter is interested in.
- Give them a gift card to a bookstore and visit the store with them.
- Read a book together (mini book club).